Just a quick hello, just signed up. Always been a Subaru fan and have finally been able to buy my first, a base Impreza (WRX one day!!) a few months ago. Its older (2002) but in great shape, plus I put on improved brakes and exhaust system.
Having tons of fun with it and have been to my first Rally. Was just a test day for a main event coming up, but was tons of fun and met tons of great people. Volunteered as a corner marshal and got taken for a ride in Ken Wahl's WRX at the end of the day. He took me out WOT for a full stage. Was the most amazing experience in a car I have ever had!!! He was even kind enough to take my son for a spin as well, now he has the rally bug too LOL. Looking at buying a second Subaru, one already built and certified to Rally so I can start some novice Rally Cross and TSD's. They let me drive my Impreza during Recce as long as I promised to keep it under 60 kph. Was a rough and tough course and didn't have gravel tires so even 60 kph felt fast with my rain tires on. Next volunteer event (Oct 4-5) I will at least put my 15" and winter tires on, will be better than the 16" and HydroEdge that I have on now for getting to my marshal corners! They are slippery on gravel, felt like slicks in the rain, but I still had so much fun and slid it hard enough around the corners to get a flat. Figured I would with those tires but had to go out and try the stages, got about 8 runs in before the flat

Ordering up a igotasubaru hoodie and a t-shirt now to start my collection.

Nice to meet you all,
Steve